Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Between the Lines


About a week or so, Chloe started to color in between the lines on her coloring pages. She's also started to put names to things that she draws... for example - a line is a "snake" and a stick figure is a "pumpkin" (sometimes a stick figure is her aunt Tasha or Tasha's boyfriend "Traigy", which is her way of saying Craigy).

It's so fun to watch her grow up and develop into such a big girl. I'm so proud of her! But I've also been thinking about drawing between the lines and how from now on, when Chloe colors a picture, she will consciously try color between the lines. She won't remember when she started to do this, and maybe I'll forget too, but I hope that throughout her life, that every once in a while, she'll go a little crazy and color COMPLETELY outside the lines.

Growing up is such a special time, it's full of smiles and laughter, tears and tantrums. Sadly, though, it's also a time when we start to color between lines. It's a time when we lose some of that innocence and carefree spirit that makes childhood so special. Now... I know Chloe has lots more childhood left and she's just a little tyke. I just hope that she always keeps a BIG piece of the carefree, energetic, and sassy spirit she has now, and that she remembers that sometimes life is funner when we COLOR OUTSIDE THE LINES.

1 comments:

S+S said...

Cute post, cute picture of Chloe. :D